NGOZI AKINRO, PhD, MBA, CSM, PMP
Fort Worth, TX ∙ 817-674-7537 ∙ email@example.com
I am a seasoned and charismatic mixed-methods researcher with demonstrated successes in creating value by solving complex operational and organizational problems in education, tech, retail and media sector. I have achieved efficiency improvements through initiated, self-directed research and data strategy, crafting transformation framework, and influencing mindsets of various stakeholders including key decision makers, to meet user needs. I am passionate about equipping teams with the best possible data and insights to help them excel. I excel at cross-functional collaborative work. As an experienced change leader with a product mindset, I am able to balance the dynamics of big picture decision making, strategizing and outcome focus.
|Qualitative & Quantitative Research Methods|
Agile Methodologies & Frameworks
Talent and Team Management
Product Development and Delivery
Requirements & Data Gathering
Effective Communication & Presentation
Digital Transformation Strategies
|Survey Design and Data Analysis|
Business Decision Making and Execution
Servant Leadership Development
Vendor Contract Negotiation and Management
RESEARCHER & ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Texas Wesleyan University– August 2016 – Present
Handpicked and unanimously approved to lead research roadmap focused on curriculum development, equipment access and use, and growth assessment for retention improving curriculum quality, course offerings and student satisfaction by 48%.
- Lead efforts with partners in journalism, DEI, and Higher education to equip and create a diverse space in academia and in the media industry. Led to the growth and functionality of a DEI committee at Wesleyan and other major media organizations such as College Media Association (CMA).
- Explore and published DEI research focused on diversity and visual representations.
- Published over 10 research papers and supervised 40 students and 8 employees (research assistants, student workers and other personnel), ages 20-46 in research methodologies, conference presentations and publications. Students won several research and competition awards.
- Develop and teach quantitative and qualitative research methods courses to students and faculties.
- Led user needs research and user testing and reviews of learning management system, exposing the setbacks of current system and leading to a recommendation for a more intuitive and highly capable system.
- Paved way for transformation efforts by facilitating teams through program and course creation and reevaluation, restructuring and cross program collaboration, following Agile principles and meeting user needs.
WEB PROJECT MANAGER & ASSOCIATE EDITOR
International Communication Research Journal (ICRJ)- May 2019 – Present
Responsible for managing cross functional teams and vendors focused on website and other social media platform creation and maintenance to ensure digital coordination of research project life cycle, ensuring transparency, assessing risk and coming up with mitigation plans.
- Increased process alignment and efficiency by owning, reviewing and reorganizing an analogue process to become digital and enabled more efficient research submission, review, publication, and distribution.
- Enforced effective time saving strategy by reducing turn over time and facilitating various Sprints focused on continuous product improvement.
- Improved UX/UI scores by 10% through increased collection of user feedback, site analytics and insights.
- Drove revenue growth by 5% by effectively facilitating team collaboration to reduce cost and explore revenue generation avenues.
- Reduced cost by 10% by negotiating favorable terms and pricing agreements with third party suppliers and tracking progress and quality of work delivered by vendors.
AWARD/ GRANT COORDINATOR
Western Social Science Association (WSSA)- July 2021 – Present
Tasked with coordinating student research, awards and travel grants and making decisions about recipients for both graduate and undergraduate student paper competitions and poster competitions.
- Enabled 60% increase in participation by managing teams in outreach planning and execution through coordinated strategy to reach and engage new membership.
- Evaluated teams and recommended candidates for project execution within the first one month, enabling organizational leaders to allocate resources for project execution.
Southern Illinois University- August 2012 – May 2016
Managed research focused on graduate assistants working conditions, program growth, course creation, and program assessment. Created course content and taught classes of 200 students bi-annually.
- Enabled process development and policy changes by facilitating and crafting a framework for graduate assistants’ satisfaction and increased engagement, curriculum revamp backed by research, and improving registration and retention by 35%.
- Collaborated in comparative ethnographic study of marginalized groups dynamics, leading to publication and policy reviews.
- Created working and functional software to improve program operations processes by leading cross functional teams through project lifecycle.
- Created assessment for evaluating program and course successes in line with organizational objectives and to ensure accreditation.
PROGRAM OPERATIONS GRADUATE ASSISTANT
Arkansas State University- August 2010 – May 2012
Assisted program executives and leadership with program launch and operations, strategizing, taking initiatives with efficient program growth and functionalities.
- Built training curriculum and deployed various training workshops to over 70 people to equip them with needed technology information for efficient program operation in order to meet program goals.
- Evaluated and drove program operations alignment that reduced redundancies, saved time, eliminated loss and reduced cost by ensuring proper equipment checkout processes through a widely applauded software.
- Led team in project life cycle procedures by evaluating, strategizing and iterating to produce 30 episodes of various TV shows.
Agile | Scrum | SPSS| JIRA | Mural | ProWorkflow | MS Project | Trello | Confluence |SharePoint | Google Forms| Slack | Adobe Premiere Pro | Spark | Captivate | Canva | Survey Monkey | Python | Qualtrics | Terminal Four | WordPress
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA) – General Business and Management- December 2020. Texas Wesleyan University (Beta Gamma Sigma Honors Society), Fort Worth, TX
- DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D.) – Mass Communication and Media Arts- May 2016. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
- MASTER OF SCIENCE (M.Sc.) – Mass Communication- Radio/TV- May 2012. Arkansas State University, Jonesboro, AR
- BACHELOR OF ARTS – Theatre Arts- December 2006. University of Benin, Edo State, Nigeria
CERTIFICATIONS & AWARD
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), 2021.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certificate, 2021.
- SAP Recognition Award, 2021.
- Rapid Usability Research for UX Designers, 2019
- Protecting Human Research Participants, 2017